Monday, March 10, 2014

Going To Buy A Buderus G115ws/3 Have Several Questions



hey guys. i finally finished laying down the 1/2 oxy plex throughout the house and it is time to build a heating system.I am in the process of saving up for a Buderus G115ws/3 with a S-120 indirect. I have a couple of questions that i am hoping you guys will help me out with.
1-) I am attaching a drawing of the system layout. Does it look right?
2-) My house is only 1100 sq ft big. I am doing a heatloss calc tomorrow. If the calc should come out to much lower then 85000btu due to the insulation, windows and such. but the 115ws/3 is the smallest unit they make. Can I still use it??
thanks!!
sheesh, I cant post an attachment???

Ummm, well normally one does the heat loss calc, then designs the heating system. That way you know tube spacing, water temperature, output, temperature drop, etc. etc. i.e., everything you need to know. But whatever.
Post pictures on hosting site like photobucket.com and provide links here.
Never heard of 'oxy plex'. What's that? How is this stuff installed? Tubes in plates? Buried in gypcrete?
With 1/2 tubing, I hope you kept the loops to ~200 ft each.
Happy to help. Need more info.

Consider Buderus G125 instead of 115. It is rated at 90% AFUE so it qualifys for tax rebate. Mine is vented thru the side of the house. If chimney is used chimnet liner is required.
Tags: buderus, g115ws, questions, Buderus G115ws, heating system